the first article is about Prince Harry going to Iraq. the link is below
http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=6211&&&edition=1&ttl=20070427104114
The article is about Prince Harry who is going to Iraq. His superior officers decided that he had to there but he won't be lined up at the front. They don't want him at the front because they're afraid that he will get hurt and they think that he could be a possible major terrorist target. There is a big discussion in the UK now about the fact that Prince Harry is going to Iraq. Many people don't want him to because they don't want to lose on of their Royals. But the army officers don't want to withdraw their decision to sent Harry to Iraq. Because that would be a PR victory for the enemy. (also read other articles about Prince Harry going to Iraq)
I think that if Prince Harry wants to go to Iraq that he should go. I understand the concern of all the people. I think I would be concerned if one of the members of the Royal House would go to war. Not that I'm such a royalty fan haha. I do think that the people who openly show their concern have a point when they say that Prince Harry is a possible terrorist target. A member of the Royal Family would make a good target for terrorist, not that I want anyone dead don't get me wrong. I understand both parties and I give them both right.
the second article is about employees getting time off from work to quit smoking. the link is below.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6589285.stm
In the article is the next suggestion: employers should give their smoking employees time off from work so they can go into a clinic to stop smoking. While the employees are in the clinic they'll still be paid. Many people, including health organisations, think this is a good measurement to help people stop smoking. But other people think it's unfair to the people who are not smoking and that people will have to stop smoking in their own time, after work hours. And some people also think that employers can't interfere with the personal lives of their employees.
I think that it is good way to try to make people stop smoking. But under working hours is not a good idea. I have to agree with the people who say that it is unfair to those who don't smoke. That is true. And even though there will be a ban on smoking in public buildings on July 1, you still can't tell someone what to do. If people want to quit smoking they will, and if they won't, they won't. It is a bit hard I think to give a good clear opinion about this matter. I agree with both sides. Can't really pick a side.
Friday, 27 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I do agree on your opinion. If Prince Harry want to serve Iraq than he should. He should not be treated differently because his a prince. But if it's not only his life that is in danger, by going there, but the lives of other soldiers as well, then I think that they should reconsider about sending Prince Harry to Iraq.
About your second article; employees getting time off from work to quit smoking. I think that this is such a nonsens. People shouldn't smoke at all. First of all they just throw away their moneys on this cigarets things and secondly smoking is bad for your health! I agree on, that it's unfair for those who doesn't smoke. I think that people who do smoke will have to stop smoking on their on time. Overall I do think that it's up to the one who smoke whether they want to quit or not.
regards,
Ariane
Post a Comment